Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Remember November

The spirit of Halloween is back in its grave and our costumes were put away after a memorable night out in the city. The Cub Scout uniform and the Scooby Doo outfit can be found neatly tucked away in an orange bin with a black lid. Color-coded organization. That's how I roll with synesthesia. It's all about color.

The following day we found ourselves at Old Navy. My fiance was looking for new Fall clothes for work, while I found myself uninterested in searching for work-from-home digs. There is no need to impress the dog, the cat, and the UPS man with pressed khakis and a button-down shirt each day. While creating unique products for The Simple Laugh, it's important to remember: comfort promotes creativity! With that in mind, I browsed through cozy pants and other be-your-own-boss clothes, when all of a sudden "Feliz Navidad" came piping through the store's sound system. NO!! It seemed like yesterday that I was just watching the Shrek Halloween special on TV, "Scared Shrekless". I can still see Gingy shooting jelly beans out of his bottom cookie.

What about Thanksgiving? What about the Pilgrims, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and the turkey (or the "tofurky", in my vegan fiance's case)? What about Joey Tribbiani wearing Phoebe's maternity pants? What about the traditional Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions football games? With 2-7 records respectivley at this time, the turkey won't be the only thing suffering that day! And, what about Adam Sandler's "Thanksgiving Song"? Why isn't that song played in retail stores during the month of November?

Give us time to give thanks!

Now, I have to figure out what I'm wearing to the "Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour" performance in two days...while the first day of winter isn't for 38 more days. I might need to go back to Old Navy. In the words of Dr. Jack Shephard from "LOST"..."We have to go back! We have to go back!"

I guess I'd better prepare myself for more holiday jingles. Feliz Navidad.

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog. I felt the same way when in Kohls in early October and I heard Christmas songs. Of course, my daughter began to sing the songs and continued through the rest of the day. I tried playing Lady GaGa to get her to change the radio channel in her head, hoping to hear "Poker Face" rather than "Jingle Bells" on a fall day, but no luck. However, my home is decorated for Halloween and then Thanksgiving before we even break out the Christmas tree. So next year when you are feeling overwhelmed with Christmas in the stores way too early, drive my house and check out my large wooden pilgrim in my yard next to my Thanksgiving flag. FYI- New pajamas fall into the work at home attire.

    Keep the blogs coming......

    ReplyDelete